We are getting into the heat of summer this month, and many of us have our sights set on vacations. However, in the gym, we are still hard at work, identifying and tackling those trouble spots in our lifts. This is why we are going to work some heavy singles and deficit deadlifts to strengthen the bottom half of our deadlifts. We are also incorporating some front squats to help shore up our core in the squat. Finally, some more isolating movements, such chest flys and skullcrushers, will round out our bench press.
In our conditioning classes, we are going through our last few weeks of the fighter pull up program. Starting next month, we are going to shift our focus to the push-up, developing our strength and technique. This progress may present in many different forms, whether that be building a solid standard push up to working towards a single-arm push up. Either way, expect some hard work and plenty of practice.
Did you hear? We're making gains!
Alright everyone - it is officially official! We know many of you have already heard the news (because Coach Matt can't keep a secret to save his life), but BellHaus Fitness is moving! But don't fret! We're not going far - our new location will be just a few minutes away from our current space.
The new gym is going to be significantly larger, upgrading from our current space of 1100 square feet to 5500 square feet. This expansion will allow us to have more barbell positions for all of our members. Our exact opening date will be in early-to-mid July, so keep an ear out for more information as we get closer to our moving month.
Member of the Month: Mandi Robertson
1) You have worked out in a variety of way before coming to BellHaus. What is it that keeps you coming back week in and week out?
The programming is different than other workouts I have done in the past.
2) The World Cup is about to start, and arguably, Shakira has the best theme song for a World Cup. Being on theme, what would be your theme song when you are in the gym?
Good Feeling – Flo Rida
3) What is your favorite movement when it shows up in the gym?
Pull-ups and chin-ups!
4) As someone who has many years of fitness training, what is one benefit you have seen from the addition of the powerlifts (i.e. deadlift/squat/bench/military press) to your regiment?
Increased muscle size and strength.
5) What else do you get up to when you are not sweating it up in the gym?
Easy - spending time with family and friends.
Articles We Recommend