It's hard to believe, but March is upon us! In our strength classes this month, we are going to have one more cycle of 5/3/1 before we switch it up. At this point, you are going to be at 90% of your 1RM plus 20lb. for your lower body lifts (back squat and deadlift) and plus 10lb. for your upper body lifts (bench press and military press). After this last cycle of 5/3/1, we will be taking our theoretical maxes and rolling them into some different programming that will be coming in April.
Interested in building up for your bench press before the summer? We are going to start a 10-week specialty program in April focused primarily on the bench press. More details to come soon! #sunsoutgunsout
As you experienced last month (and will continue to see this month), we are going to be including more AMQRAP (as many quality rounds as possible) workouts on conditioning days. These are designed to push you up to the brink, but not without sacrificing quality (or safety)! The idea of keeping everything quality means that you may need to take smaller rests, so you can keep everything looking sharp. Overall, we are excited for the progress we've been seeing and look forward to where we can take it next!
Member of the Month: Siqi Chen
1. We tend to see you at BellHaus about 5 times a week (at least). What is it that keeps you coming back almost every day?
Last year I started feeling out of shape and getting unhealthy warning signs, like back pain, neck pain, etc., which caused me to pay more attention to my health.
Specifically, I was concerned about becoming out of shape given the long hours and frequent team lunches from my job!
2. What movement is your most favorite when it shows up in the workouts? Your least favorite?
Box jumps are my favorite, and everyone knows my least favorite is rowing, haha!
3) While the stylings of Shakira's music can pump up any workout, what types of music do you like to listen to while at BellHaus?
I don't have any specific kind of music in mind, but when I run on the weekends, I have my workout playlist on Spotify.
4) What is the biggest benefit(s) you have seen personally from working out?
Feeling healthier and having more energy everyday instead of relying on caffeine.
5) When you started at Bellhaus, you had never really touched a barbell before. In the past two years, you have seen tremendous growth and seen lots of strength gains. What is it that made you really enjoy working out like you do?
I'm really proud of myself for having started hitting the gym regularly in 2018! Not only seeing muscle growth throughout the year but also meeting more people at the gym (and Pekkala) makes my after-work life so much happier!
Congratulations Cowtown Marathon Runners!
Thank you to everyone that joined us at the Cowtown Marathon Cheer Station! It's always great to see the fitness community come together and seeing our athletes crush their goals. #strongrunners